The Walt Disney Company (DIS) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
The Walt Disney Company (Walt Disney) is a diversified entertainment company that offers a wide range of family entertainment and media enterprise solutions. It offers these solutions across interactive digital media platforms. The company also provides toys, apparel, books and fine arts. Its cable networks include ESPN, the Disney Channels, Freeform and Hungama, and UTV/Bindass networks in India. It also operates parks and resorts in various locations including Florida, California, Hawaii, Paris, Hong Kong, and Shanghai among others. The company’s operations are spread across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, North America, South America, and Asia-Pacific. Walt Disney is headquartered in Burbank, California, the US.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List of Figures
- The Walt Disney Company, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 28
- The Walt Disney Company, Ratio Charts 30
- List of Tables
- The Walt Disney Company, Key Facts 5
- The Walt Disney Company, Key Employees 6
- The Walt Disney Company, Key Employee Biographies 7
- The Walt Disney Company, Major Products and Services 8
- The Walt Disney Company, History 10
- The Walt Disney Company, Subsidiaries 15
- The Walt Disney Company, Key Competitors 23
- The Walt Disney Company, Ratios based on current share price 24
- The Walt Disney Company, Annual Ratios 25
- The Walt Disney Company, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 26
- The Walt Disney Company, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 27
- The Walt Disney Company, Interim Ratios 29
- Currency Codes 31
- Capital Market Ratios 31
- Equity Ratios 32
- Profitability Ratios 32
- Cost Ratios 33
- Liquidity Ratios 33
- Leverage Ratios 34
- Efficiency Ratios 34
- Table of Contents
- Table of Contents 3
- List of Tables 4
- List of Figures 4
- Section 1 - About the Company 5
- The Walt Disney Company - Key Facts 5
- The Walt Disney Company - Key Employees 6
- The Walt Disney Company - Key Employee Biographies 7
- The Walt Disney Company - Major Products and Services 8
- The Walt Disney Company - History 10
- The Walt Disney Company - Company Statement 13
- The Walt Disney Company - Locations And Subsidiaries 15
- Head Office 15
- Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
- Section 2 – Company Analysis 17
- The Walt Disney Company - Business Description 17
- The Walt Disney Company - Corporate Strategy 18
- The Walt Disney Company - SWOT Analysis 19
- SWOT Analysis - Overview 19
- The Walt Disney Company - Strengths 19
- The Walt Disney Company - Weaknesses 20
- The Walt Disney Company - Opportunities 21
- The Walt Disney Company - Threats 22
- The Walt Disney Company - Key Competitors 23
- Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 24
- Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 24
- Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 25
- Performance Chart 28
- Financial Performance 28
- Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 29
- Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 30
- Section 4 – Appendix 31
- Methodology 31
- Ratio Definitions 31
- About GlobalData 35
- Contact Us 35
- Disclaimer 35