Regulation, consumer activism and fierce competition are shaping the agendas of agrifood companies around the world. Since food and agricultural companies have a profound impact on public and private goods, sustainability is increasingly tied up to their bottom line.
Companies in these industries are recognizing the fundamental need to improve sustainability efforts by aligning their strategy to the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Click here for contents pages, executive
- Executive Summary 7
- 1: The UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 8
- 1.1.1 Calls on businesses to act 8
- 220.127.116.11 The role of business in the SDGs 8
- 1.1.2 Aligning core business strategy with the SDGs 9
- 1.1.3 Advantages for businesses who adopt the SDGs 9
- 1.1.4 Current issues 10
- 18.104.22.168 Human rights and the SDGs 10
- 22.214.171.124 The importance of private funding to reach the SDGs 10
- 126.96.36.199 Relationship between governments and businesses 11
- 188.8.131.52 Open data and disclosure 11
- 1.2 Goal One: No P